Danish Devil Course
The general rules for arena tracks apply
Total track length = 392m
Track width = 2m
Par time = 83-90s
Minimum time = 76s
Maximum time = 94s
Black numbers = Targetnumbers.
White numbers = Order and position from where to shoot the targets with the corresponding number.
Please setup the targets and borders of the track as explained in the drawing
Below is and explanation of the targets with behind it the coördinates of where their center should be, it's defined as (x - y) like in a graph. Example: if you start out in the lower left corner of the map, target 1 is 11 metres to the right and 10 meters up. The drawing is made to scale and can be used as a guide when setting up the track.
1: front shot (11 - 10)
2: side shot (9 - 10)
3: Offside shot (29-10)
4: Ground shot (13 – 12)
5: Jump shot (17-16)*
6: Back shot (see 1)
7: Front shot (see 1)
8: long range side shot (see 3)**
* The jump should consist of two poles in a cross, where the top of the cross is 30 cm in height. Before commencing, the rider decides if he wants to have a jump in the course or not. If not, the poles are removed from the jump and shot 5 can be shot as a normal front shot.
** Shot 8 must be shot before the H to prevent firing in the direction of the safe zone and to make sure they are shot at long range. Shots fired at this target after the H will not count.
Targets without numbers are to be used for lefthanders. Lefthanders use the same start and finish, but go through the starting gate the other way around.
Track specific rules
Arrows may be shot one by one from quiver. The rider may also retrieve more arrows at the same time from a quiver
- Par time = 83 – 90 seconds. For every second faster OR slower than this time one point will be deducted from the score. Runs faster than 76 seconds or slower than 94 seconds will be disqualified (counted as 0).
- Standard scoring of 1 – 5 points.
Correct lead points
- The correctness of the lead is judged solely the moment the horse passes the AC-line
- For every turn at A, C and shot 3 in the correct lead the rider will get 2 points.
- For every turn at A, C and shot 3 in the wrong lead the rider will lose 3 points.
- Turns taken in trot will have no effect on the score.
- The rider will get 5 points if the jump is taken AND target 5 is shot at (this bonus is in addition to the target score and is not dependent on hitting the target).
- If 3 or more arrows hit their target, the rider gets 1 bonuspoint for each arrow hit.
Judges should pay extra attention if missed arrowsend up on the track while the rider still has to pass over them. Abort the run if there is danger. To reduce the chance of arrows landing on the track, arrownets can be placed behind targets.
Also make sure the long range shot isn't shot too late because that arrow could end up in the designated safe zone.
Developed by: Futte Bueskytte